Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is hot topics in analog design research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADC and power manager

now maybe dc-dc, ldo regulator are hot
our lab and some other university are all in this domain.

Since the devices are now reduced in size, all the fields which result in smaller dimentions are considered hot. For example, in wireless technology, it is a large attempt to decrease the power needed for a device to the lowest degree. There are also other areas for example the conversion from analog to digital or digiral to analog. But may be more than all of the above, there is a new field which works on mixed signal systems, i.e. boards or systems in which analog and digital are integrated. I think the new generation of future boards and systems will be mixed.

low power and sub-1V supply.

Absolutely wrong.

The hottest topics are all of them via analog design automation and optimization via geometric programming. It has been seen performance increase around 20~30% against old designs using these techniques, and with a cheaper cost because the full design time decrease from weeks to hours.

Keep going fellas.

This is a tough question, I think low noise design is a challenging research topic

ADC, pipelined and delta-sigma, and power management of them.

Dear Friend

I think, Design of Low-voltage, Low-power analog blocks will be in attention due to the development of portable equipments and also RFID has become in much interest. Wish you good luck.

low voltage / deep-submicro AD/DA/PLL
they suffer process limits such as leakage or modeling accurace

If analog circuit can be optimized by EDA tools, it will be interesting.

I think the challenge now is the multi-giga freq application, such as ADC, seriallizers and Deseriallizers

how about cis? Is there anybody research on this now?

what about CDR?

Data converters,power management and RF...

Area efficient low power is needed for any analog design ckts.

field programmable analog array

one more: digitally assisted analog of all AD/DA, RF, PLL.

mismach effect on analog circuit is for deep sub micron technology is i think a good topic.

low voltage circuits
Mixed signal systems (PLL, CDR, ADC ) in nanotechnology
High speed communication circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back