Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is backend in vlsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
backend in vlsi means transter synthesized netlist(frontend) into physical layout (GDSII file) using place and route tools, and the succeeded drc/lvs/lpe... verification

Hi,

Backend in vlsi design is the physical designing i.e. design a chip from RTL or Netlist to the final routing with output data base as GDSII. All the steps like synthesis, timing optimization, chip planning, power structure, placement, clock tree synthesis, timing closure and final wire routing is done with all the DRC/LVS and antenna violations clean.

It may help you.

Thanks..

HAK..

hi all,

to my knowledge, backend means the process that are carried after the designing complete vlsi circuit using some software tool. In short it is chip manufacturing process.

Please do correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you

Back End (BE) is the opposite of Front End (FE) :)

Back End is always related to the end process of a product while FE is like an 'embryo' of a product.

BE is the end process of anything before it release the final product, example:

Physical --> Sensor (FE) --> Signal Conditioning (BE FOL) --> ADC (BE EOL) --> Data (End product)

Added after 58 seconds:

O yeah:
FOL = Front Of Line
EOL = End Of Line

Status
Not open for further replies.