Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Walkie talkie Transceiver Design Reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
49mhz transistor walkie talkie spec

Hello,

I am looking for the walkie talkie transceiver integrated circuit design but could not find it. Does anyone please help to provide some reference materials?

Someone told me that the principle of walkie talkie is from super-regenerative principle. Several papers from JSSC discuss this topics but their output is short-range digital data but not analog voice signal(as required by walkie talkie). Therefore they are not suitable. My target spec is 27MHz/49MHz, 3V supply voltage and transmission=50 meters.

Is there any indepth papers/references about this topic?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help & kindness.

I think your solution would be reverse engineering.
Usually at this low frequency (radio controlled toys) the transciever has only a few transistors. All serious talkie walkie schematics began from 433 MHz or so,
and are made with digital transcievers inside.
But this is not a general rule...

greetings,

Here it is, with a frequency range from 15MHz to 150MHz:

**broken link removed**

hello:

Are you building the chip or building the radio with off-shelf chips?

Thanks so much for all replies.

I am just a beginner of RF circuits. The target spec. (27MHz/49MHz) is recommended by other. I have no idea about it but am interested very much to know more and don't know how to reverse engineering. Since most transistor type walkie-talkie does not provide the detailed design consideration, this leads me to search academic papers to find the details but no academic papers discuss about walkie-talkie circuits in depth.

Would anyone please kindly help to provide reference on the in depth details of walkie talkie circuit (analog or digital types)?

May I know the difference of the (1) principle and (2) implementation of digital walkie talkie? Would it be easier to build one using integrated circuit? Is there any practical examples for reference?

Thanks so much in advance for all valuable help.

Status
Not open for further replies.