Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vertex 4 digital I/O usage for high frequency signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikat

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the maximum possible frequency of a signal that can be properly handled by Vertex 4 digital I/O pin as an input?

I need to sample high frequency signal in Vertex 4 and wondering about the maximum frequency handling capacity of the digital I/O of the device.
The datasheet does not clearly mention this.:cry:

OK, I like to ask the question in a different way with an example.

Lets say, there is an external 64 bit bus (LVTTL) whose maximum frequency is 100MHz and it is connected to 64 digital I/O pins of Vertex 4. I need to sample the bus at every 2ns (i.e. @ 500MHz clock), and want to dump the sampled values into an internal FIFO at the same speed of 2ns (i.e. @ 500MHz clock).

Now tell me whether this arrangement will be implementable in Vertex 4? Or can I drive my design @ 500MHz in Vertex 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back