Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal I/O standard for GTH and GTR

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Xilinx UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU102, there are two peripherals which are connected to GTH transceiver on PL side. These are SFP+ and HDMI In/Out. What is the signaling standard used in both, CML signaling standard or any other ?

In addition, I also see that there are GTR (6 Gbps) on which PCIe, USB3.0, SATA, and DisplayPort are connected in ZCU 102. Which signaling standard is used for these ? CML or any other ?

I appreciate your time and consideration to answer these questions about signaling standard for high speed GTH/GTR transceivers.

Presumed all these interface are working correctly in ZCU 102 dev board, what's the objective of your question? Did you already review UltraScale+ datasheet, ZCU 102 schematic, specification of the respective interfaces?

Yes, I found answer.

"The GTH transceiver TX driver is a high-speed current-mode differential output buffer." UG576 states at page 167
"The PS-GTR transceiver TX driver is a high-speed voltage-mode differential output buffer." UG1085 states at page 813

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back