Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unwanted Spikes at the result signal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohazaga

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,,,
I hope every body is ok , i have problem of design ckt , well I apply two inverted signal pulse (one delayed to other) to NAND gate .In the result there is some unwanted spikes since the output should be 0 as both signals are 1 (this is ok) but in other cases there are spike ? Why ? how to solve?
thanks

i dont know where the spikes appear , you can upload snapshot to clarify , but you may have two kinds of spike:

1- as output is zero except in one combination only, so spikes appear superimposed on the zero level, this cause of the rise & fall time of the two signals, you may notice that this spikes appears on transitions of inputs,and this might not cause a problem ,

2- spikes on while transition from zero to one i.e. the output comes to a higher level than Vdd (or the one level ), this also might not cause a problem as long as the spike value acceptable, it is in this case called overshoot, adding capacitances to the output may eliminate that but will increase your rise and fall time

Hi,,,
attached the Input/output waveforms of the NAND for more understanding of the problem, waiting.
thanks

52_1175565815_thumb.jpg

Added after 5 hours 28 minutes:

Hi,,,
the following figure is the real output of the ckt (the outup is taken from NAND gate) where as the input is ideal delayed pulses.
thanks
48_1175585660_thumb.jpg

sorry the snapshots too small to see :), i cant make them full size , if you can upload larger version , it will be better

Hi,,,
when I put noConn terminal on output node the spikes are reduced , what is taht mean?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back