Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uniform current in HFSS

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a uniform surface current in HFSS. I've tried to use a lumped port and other excitations but the magnitude varies on the surface of the port. Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi,

In our forum, there are many useful file.
I think the below one should be useful.

Best regards
Linda

but the magnitude varies on the surface of the port.

Not sure if that is your problem, but perhaps you see skin effect in action? Below is an image of surface currents on a conductor if you feed across the entire width: high edge currents are seen, although the port excitation is homogeneous across the entire polygon width. Simulator used here is ADS Momentum, but physics is the same for HFSS.

pin_on_edge.png

Not sure if that is your problem, but perhaps you see skin effect in action? Below is an image of surface currents on a conductor if you feed across the entire width: high edge currents are seen, although the port excitation is homogeneous across the entire polygon width. Simulator used here is ADS Momentum, but physics is the same for HFSS.

pin_on_edge.png
I figured out that I was using the lumped port wrong. This is helpful though, thank you.

Hi,

In our forum, there are many useful file.
I think the below one should be useful.

Best regards
Linda
Thank you for linking this.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: