Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to understand dual band impedance matching network design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamelfakihh

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to replicate the rectifier/matching network design proposed in this conference paper on a different substrate (FR-4). The rectifier is based on the following voltage doubler circuit (using SMS-7630 schottky diode and 100pF capacitors, the circuit must operate at 2.4 and 5.8 GHz and the load impdeance is approx 3800 Ohm):

1.png

I'm struggling to understand the proposed matching network design (shown in the image below). It is not clear for me what is the role of transmission lines 4 and 5 and how did they find their dimensions. I do understand how does the T-section dual band impedance transformer (TL1, TL2, and TL3) work and I was able to calculate the line dimensions (based on these equations) and simulate the circuit in ADS without using the other 2 lines. However, the only issue was that the lines had high impedance values that I think are difficult to fabricate (W < 0.2mm)

2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back