Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Try my standalone AT89S ISP programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
how isp programmer works?

leoren_tm said:
as i thot..:D.. im dont have expereince yet on EEPROM, what if i use (24c64)64k? what shall i change?

Added after 4 minutes:

and also..i would like to suggest...if use 2051MCU., change the pinouts..cause you need pull-up on 1.0 and 1.1

it should work just the way it is. Originally I used an 89C51 because the dev board I had used that chip. In the 89C51, you don't need pullups on P1.0, P1.1 unless those pins were to be used for I2C.

You can change the pinout to whatever you want.
change this:
Code:
RST		equ	p1.0		;
SCK		equ	p1.1		;

to this:
Code:
RST		equ	p3.4		;
SCK		equ	p3.5		;

for smaller eeproms you might have to change these addresses to smaller values:
Code:
Config_Data equ	2000h		; ext eeprom config byte
LastAddr	equ	2001h		; last address Programmed

Good Luck

buffer verify error in 89s52

hi.. i was able to create the hardware and test it..
first i observed you need sometimes to restart your target board ...it say error in programming..
then iwrite this code
Code:
 0000 80 00 75 90
and resulted to
Code:
000 80 00 3A 90

i did it many times..i write tru ISP then read to a serial programmer, i got that result..
my code in assembly would be
Code:
org 0 
sjmp main
mov p1,#0ff( mov 90, #0ff)

on the result
Code:
 3A means ADDC A, R1 (i think)
any posible solution??
i read the code,,and i did not find any worng..
anyway..
thanks...YOU MADE SAVE ME!!!:D

Added after 3 minutes:

i forgot where i put my notes..ill post the whole detail tomorrow

at89 programmer source code

thats the result...it the same

at89 serial programmer

obviously the file is not being verified, which is why you get the programming error.

Did you use pullup resistors on the I2C lines? IF you build the programmer exactly like in the schematic, and do not modify the code it works great.

Did you set the configuration data before programming? You must enable erase before programming.

Can you load the file into the eeprom (from the terminal) then remove the eeprom and read it with another programmer. If the file is not the same, your speed is to fast from the PC to the programmer.

atmel at89 programmer pcb

i did the configuration .. and i use 89s52 and didnot put any pull up.
i reas the EEPROM from a programmer, there i found the error..it means i dont have problem on I2C...the problem was on writing the EEPROM, i also try this code
Code:
 org 10
so that i dont have data below, but the result
say
Code:
addr
0000 02 01 1F
the first addres must be empty..and also..instead of 00 it write FF...any suggestion to solve this??
thankyou

Added after 1 hours 24 minutes:

i mean all 00 became FF

read write locked at89

you need 4.7K pullups on both I2C lines. (SDA and SCL) Look at the schematic.

That should solve your problem.

89 series peogrammer pcb

i have pull-up on the EEPROM, it wont work with out that...
as i said, the error is on the first 3 byte...and all are ok...i think i can conclude that the
circuit it working because of that...its just that, i dont know where that extra 3 byte came from..

isp 89s programmer

hi,
i have used your designed ISP serial programmer, but one thing i notice is, it has some problem with RST PIN of target, after programming it does not goes back to logic 0, so that target device may get reset and start program.

or it has to be disconnected after programming?
please explain it.

programing board at89

madicalphy said:
hi,
i have used your designed ISP serial programmer, but one thing i notice is, it has some problem with RST PIN of target, after programming it does not goes back to logic 0, so that target device may get reset and start program.

or it has to be disconnected after programming?
please explain it.

once programming is completed this routine is executed:

Code:
EndProg:
	clr	SCK
	clr	RST 			; remove reset from target
	ljmp	Main			;
this from page 16 in the datasheet:
Code:
5. At the end of a programming session, RST can be set low to commence normal device operation.

Power-off sequence (if needed):
1. Set XTAL1 to “L” (if a crystal is not used).
2. Set RST to “L”.
3. Turn VCC power off.

if for some reason you were to restart the programming over again, the device would reset again.

You should disconnect the cable when you are finished programming.

Added after 9 minutes:

leoren_tm said:
i have pull-up on the EEPROM, it wont work with out that...
as i said, the error is on the first 3 byte...and all are ok...i think i can conclude that the
circuit it working because of that...its just that, i dont know where that extra 3 byte came from..

to leoren_tm:
ok so please answer these questions so that I can help you.

1. When you load the file from the computer then remove the eeprom and read it, compare the tow files. Do the two files match?

2. If the computer file & eeprom files match, what happens when you program it? Does it verify, or do you get a verify error? IF you read the flash with another programmer, does the flash match what is in the eeprom file you read?

OR

Does the flash match the file from the computer?

If the eeprom file does not match the computer file you are sending, try and slow down the data from the terminal. Look above in one of my other posts on how to do this.

Good Luck

89c51 isp sequence

thanks...done..work PERFECT,,..
i did not change the config byte, i use a smaller EEPRON, thats the reason
the 3 byte was the config and last address byte,...
thank you soo much..

adding isp capabilities to 89s51 board

thanks for reply,
so i should disconnect the programmer cable from board.
ok

paralel port isp programmer source code

Thanks dude for the nice'n'cute desgin. It works well. For the time bieng i have done it on a vero board. I am now going to fabricate PCB and assemble it in the right way. Also can you sugesst a way for programming 89CXX with a dedicated socket (As it doent support ISP)on the same pcb with a separate ciruit for that. Then it would be a complete programmer for Atmel 89 sieres with ISP for 89S. Thanks a lot. Keep it up.

at89 usbasp

At89cxx donot have ISP support, and even then you are going to combine At89cxx with At89sxx. Strange,
Post the schematic also, to view your idea.

error isp programmer

pranam77 said:
Also can you sugesst a way for programming 89CXX with a dedicated socket on the same pcb witha separate ciruit for that.

You could follow the same circuit here:
**broken link removed**

You would not have any pins left for connecting the eeprom. You would need a larger microcontroller (maybe a 68 pin plcc device) OR you can add a shift register or a latch to share some I/O pins. In the above website, they also have an 89C2051 programmer that uses a 74HC373 latch. You can adapt the circuit to include this (source code is also there)

I did a similar project using an AVR atmega128 (because of the large number or I/O pins)

The only benefit to programming the 89CXX devices with a programmer like this one would be to eliminate the computer. Since those devices do not have ISP capability, you would still have to remove the chip from the main board.

at89s8253 teste de led

Dear My frind
can you explain in more detailes how can i send a hex file from hyberterminal
please replay as soon as possible

Best Regards

89s8253 parallel hardware

Hye, nice project.

Now a days people like using the USB port.

Can you try and port the programmer to use USBAsp instead of reinventing the wheel?

I am sure your audience and SUPPORT from 3rd patry software will increase greatly if you do so!

What do you think?

GOOD WORK again :)

Added after 3 minutes:

pranam77 said:
I am now going to fabricate PCB and assemble it in the right way. Also can you sugesst a way for programming 89CXX with a dedicated socket (As it doent support ISP)on the same pcb with a separate ciruit for that. Then it would be a complete programmer for Atmel 89 sieres with ISP for 89S.

Nice work pranam77!

Do share the schematics and PCB with us!

I really like your idea of supporting parallel programming for C series as well - however his firmware uses the ISP method.

I suggested that he port the code to USBAsp so things become easier... let's see :-D

2051 isp

great work but agree with VsmGUY usb support would be great instead of usin serial all the time

at89 programmer serial

vsmGuy said:
Nice work pranam77!Do share the schematics and PCB with us!
I really like your idea of supporting parallel programming for C series as well - however his firmware uses the ISP method.I suggested that he port the code to USBAsp so things become easier... let's see :-D
May be i am a bit lazy :D Coz i am still using the same junk box proto for programming. For the sugession about USBasp, i have already posted a thread here, and got soem replies. Just have a look. Cheers.

89s8253+isp programmer

hi. this i is really nice trick. can anyone please tell me whether we can use nxp microcontroller p89v51rd2 using same circuit.
any changes in program code is required or not?

when enable serial programming result return 0x69
when erase what the result return???
i read datasheet but not found
please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.