Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F15225 programmer

Doiwell

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am seeking a cheap programmer for PIC16F15225. Unfortunately PicKit 3 which I own does not support this device and PicKit 4/5 are horrendously expensive!

I tried to use EV35F40A eval board (which is recommended on Microchip website), but MPLAB does not support it in that way.

Is here any walkaround to force pickit3 to cooperate with this MCU?

Cheers,
Doiwell

Try

It provides support for newer devices on PicKit 2 and PicKit3. I use the Linux version but there are versions for other OS. It isn't free but much cheaper than a new PicKit and it does get updated.

Brian.

This may help you

Hi All,

I am seeking a cheap programmer for PIC16F15225. Unfortunately PicKit 3 which I own does not support this device and PicKit 4/5 are horrendously expensive!

I tried to use EV35F40A eval board (which is recommended on Microchip website), but MPLAB does not support it in that way.

Is here any walkaround to force pickit3 to cooperate with this MCU?

Cheers,
Doiwell
Purchase a PICKit2 and purchase the PICKit2 plus software it has support for that PIC.
That's what I'm using right now, it will automatically reload the HEX file if its updated to.

In case somebody is planning to make a Pickit 3 clone, here is a design. Schematic and Kicad files are given.
The actual Microchip pickit 3 schematics are also publicly available in the documents released by Microchip.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back