Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL431 Problem in SMPS circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you're right, there is a mistake somewhere. Maybe the +5V is supposed to be +3V, or maybe the bottom of the TL431 is not connected to ground. I can't see where that wire goes.

Reactions: baby_1

baby_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
and another question is when i put 2 100Kohm resistor in series the output voltage of Tl431 follow the increasing voltage until it wants to be more than Vref*2 and after that it decrease.why it follow the input voltage? because as i know in the comparator mode of op-amp if the voltage at V(+) is infinitesimal bigger than the V(-) it goes to Max saturation and doesn't transfer the input voltage to output
If I understand right, you are referring to the circuit in post #18.

It's correct to analyze it as a comparator (with 2.5V threshold). But it's output is open collector and unlike a regular comparator it misses an independent supply voltage. So positive saturation implies "open" output and negative saturation 1.9 V.

Reactions: baby_1

baby_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.