Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The question on TK in VCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlionfire

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vcs ucli gui

Hi, all,

I am responsible for shifting from Modelsim to VCS MX environment. There are several Tcl files which perform well in modelsim. But when we run in DVE, some commands inside these files are not recognized by the UCLI. Such as:

winfo, toplevel

It seems that these commands are TK rather than Tcl. And UCLI supports only Tcl.

My guess is correct?
I don't have much knowledge of Tcl. Could u give me some idea how to handle it?

Many thanks

I can help , give me the command scrpt or mail me , I will correct it and check in my VCS env.

hi, spauls

Could u help me check the TK scripts below in VCS:

#!/usr/bin/wish
toplevel .top
button .top.quit -text Quit
pack .top.quit -padx 20 -pady 10

Above TK commands are totally not recognized by UCLI. But Modelsim can.

If VCS does not support TK, do you have other approach to create a windows in VCS environment?

Many thanks.

Merlionfire said:
hi, spauls

#!/usr/bin/wish
toplevel .top

If VCS does not support TK, do you have other approach to create a windows in VCS environment?

Many thanks.

UCLI is a TCL based interface, no TK (AFAIK), instead DVE should allow this. Did you contact vcs_support?

BTW - what does this TK application implement? Maybe you can redesign it, if time permits.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

aji_vlsi said:
Merlionfire said:
hi, spauls

#!/usr/bin/wish
toplevel .top

Many thanks.

UCLI is a TCL based interface, no TK (AFAIK), instead DVE should allow this. Did you contact vcs_support?

BTW - what does this TK application implement? Maybe you can redesign it, if time permits.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

This is just a simple example using TK. As for the application, I need to create a popup window ( which is generated through "toplevel" command). This window will accept input of some parameters while show the corresponding result.

BTW, what's "Instead DVE should allow this?" mean?

Merlionfire said:
This is just a simple example using TK. As for the application, I need to create a popup window ( which is generated through "toplevel" command). This window will accept input of some parameters while show the corresponding result.

BTW, what's "Instead DVE should allow this?" mean?

DVE is the GUI based on TK-like stuff and hence there you may be able to do this. UCLI is a pure command line interface and hence it won't let you do the TK stuff - but this is AFAIK. The best is to contact vcs_support.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back