Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The best Junebug kit introduction before DEC 1, 2007 to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
from introduce before work

Write your best introduction to my Junebug kit before December 1st 2007 and I'll pick the best (judged by blueroomelectronics) as a winner of a Junebug PCB.

The current intro looks like this, it has to fit on the cover page so it's got to be brief and to the point.

Post your results here.

**broken link removed**
Introduction
Powered from your computers USB port the Junebug is everything you’ll need in a small self contained portable PIC Laboratory perfectly suited for students, educators and hobbyists.
The Junebug is actually two independent kits in one.

An MPLAB Compatible PICkit 2* Programmer / Debugger, works with both the Tutor and includes two external ICD connectors for your own PIC projects. The programmer also includes a very handy UART terminal.

The advanced PIC18F1320 Experimenter / Tutor was designed to demonstrate the 18F1320 in a hands on manner. With pushbuttons, LEDs (light emitting diodes), variable resistors, Infrared detector (38KHz TV type), PWM, UART (serial communications) there are literally thousands of program possibilities on this single board. Plenty of room for expansion too with the several built in I/O expansion connectors. No jumpers to lose as all the tutor peripherals can be controlled with a single DIP switch.

* Unlike the Microchip® PICkit 2 the Junebug does not have a programmable VDD supply (5V targets only)

Re: The best Junebug kit introduction before DEC 1, 2007 to

Hi there,

I am sure you meant 1st of december 2008.

Well it is long gone now:D

vsmGuy said:
Not Fair :'(
It doesn't matter. Just keep pretending to be an expert.

If the fans in this forum didn't help and point out this is a wrong design, how long will the designer keep pretending to be an expert? And keep asking everybody spending on his non-working design?

IamnotJunk said:
If the fans in this forum didn't help and point out this is a wrong design, how long will the designer keep pretending to be an expert? And keep asking everybody spending on his non-working design?

Huh? What are you taking about, there are hundreds of people with working Junebug kits out there. I had two pin mislabeled in the schematic, but it is correct in the PCB layout. Anything else I can help you with?

@IamnotJunk : Could you point out a few design flaws please ?

I never guild blue's design, but I follow his designs. They are definitely not "wrong"

IamnotJunk, I see you on this, and many other threads, with your derogatory and inflammatory comments. Why don't you grow up, and stop acting like you are Junk.

@IamnotJunk, I have build some of Bluerooms projects and they are working fine. So stop complaining.

As i'm not a good writer i'll leave the contest to the other posters! Good luck

Hi, i'm really interested on that design,

i download the datasheet of the PICKit2 and looks some difference with ur design and i have a couple of question about it...

Where can find the firmware of the PIC18F2550?

Why don´t need the EEPROM's like on the PICKit 2?

Thank´s for ur time and help...

The EEPROMs are used for standalone programming. You can download to the PICkit2 and program without a PC. You need a USB power supply like an IPOD charger. If you don't need the feature then you don't need the EEPROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back