Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable capacitor for GHz Rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

simazafrani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
i'm doing rectifier for GHz application...my problem is finding suitable capacitor for the rectifier circuit...Previously, i used through hole ceramic capacitor and its operates well for frequency below than 1GHz, however for higher frequency the results are not ok.

i'm looking for smd/smt capacitor..but not sure how to choose...becoz from some datasheets i read..most of them just show that they are working well for frequency up to 10MHz only...
working voltage are around 1-25V

hope u guys can suggest capacitors that work for GHz application...tq :)

Hi...
i'm doing rectifier for GHz application...my problem is finding suitable capacitor for the rectifier circuit...Previously, i used through hole ceramic capacitor and its operates well for frequency below than 1GHz, however for higher frequency the results are not ok.

i'm looking for smd/smt capacitor..but not sure how to choose...becoz from some datasheets i read..most of them just show that they are working well for frequency up to 10MHz only...
working voltage are around 1-25V

hope u guys can suggest capacitors that work for GHz application...tq :)

To make things simple, after the low-pass filter connect a 1 nF SMD capacitor. Most of such SMD caps can be used above 2...3 GHz without problems. If you need, connect larger capacitors in parallel with this one. If you need thru-hole caps, find the type used in TV tuners , most of them do work above 2 GHz, too. (solderable types). Make the shortest possible connection from the rectifier to the center conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back