Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Suggestions for first project after studying 8051 datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

selfembed

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I have started reading 8051 datasheet. Once i finish that, What shall i start as i am new to controller??

Just forget about 8051. It was actual 20 year ago. Try to start from STM8 for example. It is most popular mcu for this moment.

Just forget about 8051. It was actual 20 year ago. Try to start from STM8 for example. It is most popular mcu for this moment.
Really? I think it has made some comeback in small devices, such as IoT. There's plenty of new simple SoC's that have integrated 8051 core.
The system is also simple enough to get familiar with general concepts of MCU architectures.

I think you shouldn't master 8051 anymore, but I think it's in the good-to-know/educational category. But I'm also a beginner too, so don't take my word just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.