Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a sensor for a walker project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbexpress

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sensor question

Hi everyone,
I want to do a project with the walker will light up with each steps. I think I need one sensor to mount some where around the roller to activate the LEDs with each steps of users. Can anyone give me what kind of sensors I can use, and the link to get that sensors. Any comments,ideas are appreciated.

Re: sensor question

I don't really understand what u are trying to do, if you wanna light up the floor when u setp on it, u can use a preassure sensor of just simply a switch under the block u are going to step into so that it will activate the swqitch with your weight.

I think what they use in shoe soles is a mechanical switch. The sole is thick and squishy enough that there is a large displacement when standing on that foot.

nope, you are misunderstood me
What i'm trying to do, I need one sensor to mount on "the walker" (not on people) so the disability people use it, it will activate the LEDs because this user is deaf(he can not hear at all, but he can see). I think I will use one IR transmitter and receiver.
The only thing I dont know is that, when the user go (walk), some thing change like displacement, velocity,....which kind of sensor can measure that change, and he stops walking, the sensor stop also.

sensor--------->IR transmitter--------->IR receiver------->LEDs displays
That's all my project
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back