Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor driver using UCN5804

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazid

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ucn5804

any body can help me to get the circuit and information for stepper motor driver using UCN5804?

thanks...

ucn 5804

check **broken link removed**

ucn5804 logic circuit

but i not use timer 555,i use pic16f877 and the UCN 5804

ucn5804 circuit

Its rather very simple. Connect your stepper motor to the pins named Output(A-D). From you PIC you can control direction and step inputs. Just set the direction to 1/0 and then pulse the step pin everytime you want your stepper motor to move. You can also do the same in half-steps by making Half-step pin high. Refer the datasheet for more detailed circuit diagrams.

ucn5804 price

thanks kishore..

i already got the circuit diagram..my stepper motor is 4volt and 0.95A.how i want to get the 4 volt supply.is there have voltage regulator for 4 volt?

stepper motor malaysia

Use LM317 or equivalent for making the power supply.

stepper ucn5804

yazid said:
thanks kishore..

i already got the circuit diagram..my stepper motor is 4volt and 0.95A.how i want to get the 4 volt supply.is there have voltage regulator for 4 volt?

As watermelon suggested you can LM317(Which is variable voltage regulator) but provide proper heat dissipation otherwise it'll blow or melt down.

The other thing you can do is use whatever voltage you've like 5V or even 12V with series resistance. This improves L/R therby your stepper motors gives you a faster response without slipping steps at high speeds. You can calculate the series resistance value with ohms law. Say if you are using 5V then 5-4/0.95 = ~1.05 ohms so a 1 ohm/1watt resistors will do the trick.

ucn5804 controller diagram

ok..thnks watermelon and kishore2k4...for programming i want 2 control the speed and position..wat must i do?which one i must chose?C++?Basic pro?or assembly language?

how to use a uln2003 to control stepper motors

If you have a C compiler then definetly do go for that, what other routines will be running alongside the stepper control code?

Put your stepper control code in an ISR(Interrupt Service Routine) so that it will be more predictable. PIC16F877 has PWM modules, you can simply set your desired stepping speed in that module and your microcontroller can work on other routines.

lm317 stepper driver

but i'm not very good in programming.....

stepper control circuit diagram ucn5804

I suggest, go for plain digital logic.
However, learning microcontrollers is a good idea.
You could also use the printer port of a PC to control stepper motors. Search for details on EDABOARD.

ucn5804 pin

i already check the variable voltage regulator LM317 at www.farnell.com hav a lot of LM317 there..so,i dont know which one that must i select..can u giv me suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:

cheap stepper motors in malaysia

Check the current requirement for the motor and then choose the 317.
The 317 should be able to handle all the current required by motor, driving circuit, digital (and analog) electronics.

driver ic 5804 price

i olready did the circuit for the stepper motor,but the motor cannot run..there hav a voltage drop at the output from LM7805 to the motor.the actual voltage for the motor is 5 volt,but the output from the Lm7805 is 2.35 volt only

malaysia step motor

The UCN5804B is not made for 3 years now.
Very expensive from the brokers that still have stock. Ten times the old price. Use a ULN2003 or ULN2803 with a pic and do the sequence in the pic.
A 2803 is 50 times less cost than a 5804.

5804 and 555 vs step motor

can i control the speed of the stepper motor if i use ULN2003 as a driver for stepper motor?

cost of stepper motor driver uln2003

The pic controls the speed with any of these ICs

assembly language to control stepper motor

i olredy make the pwm coding using assembly language in PIC16f877 to move my stpper motor..how i want to transfer from hex value to rpm?

uln2003a steppen drive

hi.. is your stepper motor driver already working??

because i'll also be making a stepper motor driver. my stepper motor driver is 3V, 0.85A which is almost similar to yours. i already tried using uln2003 but i dont know what gone wrong because the stepper motor did not rotate although it is working because i can hear the sound of the motor. Then i found out that uln2003 output current is only 500mA so maybe it is the problem.

But can i really use uln2003 for 0.85mA stepper motor???

Status
Not open for further replies.