Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor control with matlab help

Status
Not open for further replies.

differentside

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, I need to design an electric engine start system with DC or BLDC motor to result more than 16Nm torque before reaching 2400 rpm. [im using matlab and simulink]
I've experienced designing simple pid controller but not getting the idea to start this project.
so these are some specs given to me....
- input= 28V DC, battery = 24V dc, max current = 500A
- the wire from battery to motor is AWG 1 (d, A, L, R/m given)

I guess i have to choose a specific motor for this modeling project and find the transfer function.
Than i don't have an idea about what controller I have to use and how to tune them.
Also, is there a way to see the graph of torque vs rpm in matlab?
I will be very appreciated if somebody can help me with this.
thank you so much !!!!

Last edited:

Why don´t you start with basics, like simple math?

mechanical power: 16Nm @ 2400 rpm = about 3500W (you need)
electrical power: 28V @ 500mA = 14W (available)

--> you can´t generate a mechanical power of 3500W with an electrical input of just 14W.
--> review your requirements
The electrical power needs to be higher that the mechanical power due to efficiency.

Klaus

Why don´t you start with basics, like simple math?

mechanical power: 16Nm @ 2400 rpm = about 3500W (you need)
electrical power: 28V @ 500mA = 14W (available)

--> you can´t generate a mechanical power of 3500W with an electrical input of just 14W.
--> review your requirements
The electrical power needs to be higher that the mechanical power due to efficiency.

Klaus
oops sorry the max curr is 500A not mA. and also I can put a battery with 24V DC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back