Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Thermostat Graduation Project Final Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

except the three "ignored" (post #17) mistakes I don´t see any additional mistakes.
(I still wonder why you risk failure)

But I didn´t check all in detail.

Klaus

Are there still problems in Libraries ? I have changed all capacitors atmega ftdi and leds
i was looking at ftdi datasheet and i could not know what to do actually. I am using 4.7uF and 0.1 uF just after Vusb. In datasheet of FTDI it is like there is one 10nF capacitor before ferrite bead and there are 4.7uF and 0.1uF capacitors after ferrite bead. So i really dont know where to place which capacitors. that 4.7uF capacitor and 0.1uF capacitor in ftdi datasheet are different than i have used after Vusb ? Do i need to add 4.7uF and 0.1uF near to ftdi. Because i thought they are same with my 4.7uF and 0.1 uF and if i add 10nF capacitor parallel to 4.7uF and 0.1uF it is so small near to them and will not effect anything i am really lost about these ftdi capacitors this is the datasheet page of ft232rl
-http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/144591/FTDI/FT232RL/1932/19/FT232RL.html

Hi,

FTDI datasheet:

3V3OUT decoupling:
* search for "decoupl" finds 3 occurances. All tell you need to connect a 100nF to 3V3OUT.
* search for "capacitor" finds 4 occurances. 3 of them tell you need to connect a 100nF to 3V3OUT.
* there are 8 example schematics, each of them show the 100nF at 3V3OUT

Ferrite bead:
(My answer in post#16 was wrong in this: The diode indeed is between UCB connector and FT232. As said in post#19: in doubt keep on the datasheet)
* Now it depends what the diode is for. Is your application only bus powered or mixed powered (bus + self powered). I don´t know.
* but in any case you need a 4u7 at FTDI_VCC. See below.
* 7 of the 8 examples are bus powered. Each of them show the ferrite bead.

VCC decoupling:
* each of the 8 example schematics show a 100nF combined with a 4u7 at FTDI_VCC. You only have the 100nF at VCC.

LM3940:
You recognized the ESR limits of the output capacitor?

Klaus

Yes i saw that 0.1uF capacitor connected to 3.3V output of ftdi but i thought i am not getting any power from there. That why it is not needed but as i understand it is not a good thought so i will add it just in case and also i think my circuit is bus powered and i will remove that diode and add the ferrite bead i am confused because i am not just supplying to ft232rl that's why i am confused but you are right it should be exactly same with datasheet maybe i can keep the diode and ferrite bad and add 4.7uF.
-thank you for warning i will consider that when i am choosing capcitor.

Here is the my final circuit and bom list thank you much for your help klausst. I could not do without you

Attachments

• reciever.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 35
  • transmitter.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back