Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC DS1307 assembly code for???? help me plisss

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandreas

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ds1307 asm

hi..

need help for my final project can someone teach me about assembly code of DS1307???

thanks..sorry if my english so bad...

RGDS...

ds1307 code

The DS1307 is not a microcontroller, it's a RTCC that uses I2C for communications. Try the Philips site for I2C documentation or the Dalsemi site should have examples.

assembler rtc

jandreas said:
need help for my final project can someone teach me about assembly code of DS1307???
If you are looking for the code to interface PICmicro with DS1307, here it is.

Cheers

Ravi

asm ds1307

for what type controller(51/52 / pic = ? 84 / 877 / avr / arm / mc68) / pc ?

ds1307 avr asm file

upss, sorry i know ds1307 is not MC... that's right i need the assembly code to take data from it , I use AT89s51 and i use I2c bus communication from AT89s51 to ds1307..... is someone know about the code, to take time and date from DS1307???..

thank you..

REGARDS

ds1307 set date time

Here it is

**broken link removed**

a full project

Regards
Nandhu

rtc asm program.

thanks nandhu...but my project is just to take date and time, when i needed.... okay i will try to explain my project...so it's about security system.. when i entered some gate , i need to enter password.. so when i enter the gate.. my password, and the time and the date , will be recorded into the data logger.. .. nah i just confused about the assembly code to take the date and time just when i entered the gate...

I'm sorry if i explain my project so mess.. because i'm not good at english..

thank you for your attentions

regards

teach me assembly code

helllooo.. merry christmas.........still in my case.. need help, plizz

thank you..

ds1307.asm

Hai

It is simple. the asm code is commented.

Just cut and paste the sub which you want

Regards
Nandhu

Just start

picmicro ds1307

hai.. oo so just like that.. sorry i'm too confused, by looking too much code like that... BTW there's something... are we need to set the time and date before using it??? is the time and date in RTC same as the time adn date now???

thanks..

ds1307 rtc asm

Yes, we have to set current date and time first. once set it wont go unless you remove the batteries.

what assembler (or ide) you are using?

Regards
Nandhu

ds1307 assembler

"nandhu wrote:what assembler (or ide) you are using? "sorry i dont get what you say... can you tell me somekind of assembbler for example???? i use some kind of assembler, but i dont know exactly the what it is, the name is ASM51.exe for convert the ASM file into OBJ, and OH.exe for convert the OBJ file into HEX..

so once i set the current date and time.. i dont need to set it anymore....so i must set it by assembly code first..after that is it okay if i never using the setting code,??? because that code will make my code in mikro become too long???

you said that it will be okay when i removed the batteries... so how it will update its date???

thanks

ds1307 time set asm code

The date and time will be running till there is power to the ic (either battery or mains). Once there is no power every thing will be ereased. Again you have to set the date and time

Nandhu

rtc assembly programming

ok i got that..

Emm nandhu i have seen your program.. but i don't know where the routine to set the time for the first time....

emm for taking data about time,and date, is it in hexa number or not???? because when i read the date and time, i have to save the data into the eeprom serial...

honestly i' a newbie....can you give me the full code from setting the date and time first untill i read the data about time, and date???just the standard code abut ds1307 ..it would be nice if the code also commented....please.....

very thanks..

REGARDS..

at89c51 ds1307

hai.....a new year 2008 is verry close.. happy new year...

still in may case.. help plis...

thanks for the attention

ds1307 asm code

jandreas said:
hai.....a new year 2008 is verry close.. happy new year...

still in may case.. help plis...

thanks for the attention

Post what code you have. If this is a class assignment shouldn't you be doing the work not expecting the forum members to do it for you.

asm program to read write ds1307

Hai jandreas

I agree with blueroomelectronics.

I dont give you code but can help to get the work done.

Try writing some code, check it, come out with doubts.
I will help you

Wish you and all for a successful and prosperous new year

:D:D:D
Regards
Nandhu

assembler + ds1307

yeah.. thankss,But this is my problem, I dont even have any tutorial.. so i am confuse to start from where...'cause of that i join this forum to know little by little about programming AT89s51.....Nah from the code that i received from nandhu, i dont know to start from where since i just need to take date , time, and year from RTC.... i dont even have any simulator to simulate it.....
I'm sorry to make you all difficult because i just an amateur.. but it's ok i will try to understand it...but it would be better to understand if someone has a code that fit with my case which i just need to take time, date , and year.....

regards
Jandreas

ds1307 stuck

Lo Jandreas

The web is literally littered with programming information and working examples of all types ,just stating " if someone has a code that fit with my case" wont get you any usefull assistance has people are'nt willing to do the hardwork you yourself should be doing to undertake your and i stress YOUR project.

Search for examples of DS1307 digest the information and then when your stuck post what you have so far and maybe someone will assist you further.

:|

password assembler code

If you're just learning programming then start with something simple like flashing an LED. A high level language may help and many have libraries for I2C (the DS1307 is I2C)
What would be the point of handing in someone else's work for your assignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.