Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ronja: technology project for reliable optical data links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ronja!

I just discovered this project is kind of nice ..:
Home
I wonder if it can be modified to send several channels using the same type of mounting in order to increase BANDWITH

i found more optical data links here :
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~derekw/tcvlinks.htm

John ... i build d receiver of ronja .. i wanted to ask you abt the last stage of the receiver "Long Tailed-Pair Transistor". Do you know how to calculate gain, bandwidth, and other technical knowledge of this stage ?

Actually im getting out of phase signal from this last stage. how can i get it in-phase ? (Im taking output from Q2)

The last stage is the following picture

Thanks

To reverse the phase simply swap the outputs from the NE592.

The easiest way to find the bandwidth is to simulate it.

Keith.

Attachments

• EDA 200 LTP.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 116
Re: Ronja!

PS

I am not sure I believe that simulation. I think it needs a finite drive resistance to be more realistic. With 50 ohms it works out around 76MHz upper 3dB point.

Keith.

Thanks Keith ... May i ask one more question ?

that is ... why NE592 is called video amplifier ? can i use any other amplifier ?

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

What is this simulation software ?

That's two questions!

Video amplifiers tend to be wide bandwidth and low phase error. Phase error is important if you have colour information modulated on a composite video signal but also if you have 3 colours, RGB, to ensure all colours are aligned.

The simulation software I use is SIMetrix but any SPICE simulator will do. LTSPICE from Linear Technology is popular and free.

Keith

Yeah :) n m sorry for that ... actually second question came a little later .... n once again thanks...

im facing a problem ... NE592 model is unavailable in MultiSim and Proteus ... m unable to simulate it ... :(

There is an unofficial Spice model here

Keith

Keith ....

Can you help me with the last stage of the receiver "Long Tail Pair Configuration" ?

How does it work ?

what are the purposes of resistors used .. .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back