Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ribbon code is unclear

Status
Not open for further replies.

priit

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Assuming that this is inductance with ferromagnetic core, how many mH it is ?
Produced 10 years ago.

Attachments

• P8110426.jpg
    P8110426.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 72

How can we say without knowing magnetic specifications of the core ?
If it is really an inductor, what about measure that ?
From my view, it seems lihe a broken resistor.

Same item under microscope (ferit core inside).
Color code is the key. As they are different opinions about value, please comment if you have experience reading ribbon code on the component.inductance.jpg

If you google "color coded inductors", you get some ideas and can find even calculators converting colors to values.

I have seen some similar inductors before, and if this one is "as it used to be", here the value-defining colors are brown+black+red. That reads 1 0 00 . The tolerance ring is gold=5%. I.e. basically the coding is exactly as for resistors, but inductors use microHenries as the unit, instead of ohms.

So my slightly qualified (based on earlier observations) bet is that this is (or was!) a 1000uH = 1 mH inductor, with 5% tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.