Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF PAD in 65 nm technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOA1985

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi im new in layout design ,i have a few questions:

1.if i have a transistor which his bulk is connected to a resistor and than to the ground, is that mean that if i have an RF_PAD with a connection to SUB i

need to connect it also through the resistor?

2. i have an RF_PAD with 2 input nets (In,SUB) and 2 input Pins(In,SUB) in the schematic . how should i connect the SUB pin in the layout?

Thanks to all

1.if i have a transistor which his bulk is connected to a resistor and than to the ground, is that mean that if i have an RF_PAD with a connection to SUB i

need to connect it also through the resistor?

Ofcourse not!!But why you connect the bulk of the MOS to VEE (ground) via a resistor??

2. i have an RF_PAD with 2 input nets (In,SUB) and 2 input Pins(In,SUB) in the schematic . how should i connect the SUB pin in the layout?

It depends on the substrate connection method that your PDK employs.Read the respective manuals/documents.

I connect the transistors bulk to a resistor and than to the ground in order to transfer more power to the load, less power goes to the ground. So, how should i simulate the RF_PAD?

The transistor and the PAD have the same SUB, and the PAD has a pin to the SUB.If i connect the bulk to a resistor and than to the ground doesn't it mean that the SUB of the
PAD is also connected through a resistor?

I connect the transistors bulk to a resistor and than to the ground in order to transfer more power to the load, less power goes to the ground.

I am not aware of this technique...Could you explain further or give some reference to study?

The transistor and the PAD have the same SUB, and the PAD has a pin to the SUB.If i connect the bulk to a resistor and than to the ground doesn't it mean that the SUB of the PAD is also connected through a resistor?

If you do this,this is exactly the meaning,so your saying is valid.

So, how should i simulate the RF_PAD?

I would straightly connect the SUB pin of the PAD to the substrate network via a wire named sub! (global) or whatever name you employ for this.It would be good to reference the technology manuals (or come straightly to a contact with your technology provider),maybe there you can find a substrate connection methodology.For example IBM PDKs provide such info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back