Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay specification and unknown element

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbarza

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I found a relay on board of an old crt samsung tv. it was written some numbers on it.
I searched net for knowing that what these values are but I am not successful( maybe I searched not sufficiently)
can you explain to me what these numbers are?
in top of relay was written:
ltonic
liming
jqc_3f_1c_12vDC
15A 24Vdc | 10A 28vDC
7A 240VAC | 10A 125VAC
where can i understand the role of these element together for action of the tv?
also there is an element on the same board that I do not know ( I am newbie in electronic).
I attached the pic of it and also I can turn the element. what is it?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220731_175503.jpg
    20220731_175503.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 136

The schematic of that television will reveal exactly what the relay is for, and what level the trimmer adjusts. About the numbering; it will be the manufacturers identifier, the way they want it to be.

Relay data sheet is attached - I hope you can read Chinese.
The image is of a pre-set potentiometer with value "105" meaning 10 multiplied by 10^5 = 1 Megohm.

Brian.

Attachments

• JQC-3f.pdf
    934 KB · Views: 174
Guessing, the 'jqc' can be the brand/manufacturer, the 3f the family of products, the 1c the 'one contact'; the '12VDC' the coil voltage; the next four parameters the currents the contacts are allowed to carry at each of the voltages it is placed into operation.
The variable resistor 'trimmer' EVR01 can be 500 ohm or 1Mohm, depending on your neck position. The ambiguity because they are saving ink by stamping "|" instead of "1"

The schematic of that television will reveal exactly what the relay is for, and what level the trimmer adjusts. About the numbering; it will be the manufacturers identifier, the way they want it to be.
hi
the pic belongs to board of a crt samsung tv with model number: cw-5029x pal/secam/ntsc4.43

Hi,
I can turn the element. what is it?
This is why I avoid to design in those mechanical pots.
Customers just try and play around whithout knowing what they do.
Then there is a good chance that the device does not work as it should.
And it´s not that rare that the manufacturer gets balmed for "non functional" device.

You may turn it - as long as you know waht you are doning, and take the responsibility.

Klaus

The text just out of the photo edge suggests what it does "??? EVEL ADJ".
The part is generic and could be used in other places inside that TV or in other equipment. What you have posted is rather like a photograph of a light switch, asking who's house it is in!

Brian.

Hi,

This is why I avoid to design in those mechanical pots.
Customers just try and play around whithout knowing what they do.
Then there is a good chance that the device does not work as it should.
And it´s not that rare that the manufacturer gets balmed for "non functional" device.

You may turn it - as long as you know waht you are doning, and take the responsibility.

Klaus
the television has died 3-5 years before, i want opened it and i wanted to know what is these elements.
--- Updated ---

The text just out of the photo edge suggests what it does "??? EVEL ADJ".
The part is generic and could be used in other places inside that TV or in other equipment. What you have posted is rather like a photograph of a light switch, asking who's house it is in!

Brian. do you know reference or website that i can learn how the boardof television works

Brian. do you know reference or website that i can learn how the boardof television works
Each model is different but they all fall into one of several categories:
1. Analog or digital or both broadcast systems
2. CRT, LCD or plasma display unit.

The technologies used in each type is very different so you would have a lot to learn. Before being specific about television, I think it would be wise to study basic electronics so you know what each component part does. The concepts of digital data transmission are very complicated so a good understanding of math and electronics is essential. There are plenty of beginners references on the internet but treat them with caution and double check against other web sites because there is a lot of inaccurate information out there. Remember that anyone can publish a web site and although some look very professional, they are produced by people with limited technical knowledge!

Brian.

Hi,
i want opened it and i wanted to know what is these elements.
So .. you turned it ... and then you did know what element it was? ;-)
But I know what you mean.

Reference/website.
As Brian already mentioned: The printing on the board gives some informations.
But also the part numbers give good informations.
Let´s say there is an IC wit part number "TEA5640F" on it. Then do a datasheet search for this part.
Usually in the datasheet there is a "typical application" schematic. Most TV manufactureres use the schematic from the datasheet (maybe a bit modificated), thus you should be able to follow the traces on the PCB to the parts as shown at the datasheet schematic.

So if you show us a tine snippet of the PCB ...just with a pot on it .... it can be anything. But if you show us the ICs around and the whole information printed on the PCB ... then it´s more easier to find out the function of each single part.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.