Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectifier using mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I am designing a power supply for powerline robots, i'm using qfield to design a current transformer. I'm getting a low ac voltage 1V and i need to rectifier it, i have read that i can use mosfet for rectification...I'm not sure hhow to go about designing it... anyone who can help or pdfs to read thru...plz.

thank u
Nocky

Theta Engineering: Design Ideas: FET Bridge

PeetersBridge.gif

ZenerBridge.GIF

As a first point, I don't exactly understand the motivation of your question. The output of a current transformer is basically a current rather than a voltage. Of course, the available voltage is limited according to the maximum core flux.

Secondly, I fear you'll get difficulties to operate a self-steered MOSFET rectifier with low voltages of e.g. 1 V, because MOSFET threshold voltages are usually higher.

In my view, there are two common solutions for rectifying current transformer output:
- if an output voltage of e.g. 1 V can be accepted, use low voltage schottky diodes
- for lowest transformer voltage (respectively best accuracy), use active rectifier circuits with operational amplifiers or optionally preceeding AC amplification

Reactions: nocky

nocky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back