Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using 2S BMS to power ESP32 Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htekin42

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I need to power up my custom design ESP32 board with battery. I don't want to design my own BMS. I have power input and need battery when power is down. I found a module called as FDC-2S-2 which is 2S battery charger. It only has power pins and battery pins. How should I connect it?
Thanks for suggestion.

That is a battery charger, what you need is a voltage regulator. If you connect a fully charged 18650 directly to an ESP32 it will instantly be destroyed. ESP32 itself has a maximum voltage of 3.6V with normal working voltage of 3.3V but a fully charged 18650 will be at least 3.7V and while under charge even more.

Is your 'custom design' using only the ESP32 IC, a WROOM module (with a metal can and side contacts) or is it a pre-assembled module like NodeMCU ?

Brian.

It is Wroom module but It has LDO for 3.3V. I know fully charged 18650 gives 3.7V and 2S will give 7.4V when fully charged. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back