Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangular patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

next generation

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I am a student
I want to disign and simulate a simple 1*2 microstrip array antenna in first step

I find the formula to design one path from balanis book

now I want to design a simple 1*2 microstrip array antenna
how can i start ,thanks

Hi, 'next', I'm 'the previous'...

Since you have access to Prof. Balanis's excellent book, why not study the chapter on arrays? You patch antenna are actually two element arrays, btw... :cool:

in balanis: its all about dipole antenna and nothing about patch

Read the material again, carefully, please. The dipole is an element. The patch is an element. You may use the theorem of superposition for linear systems...

thank you ,but i have question when i design a patch antenna at a specific frequency , h and Er ,when i need to have a better performance with the same parameters by using array is the dimensions of the single patch changed?

thank you ,but i have question when i design a patch antenna at a specific frequency , h and Er ,when i need to have a better performance with the same parameters by using array is the dimensions of the single patch changed?

Maybe a little bit (the length more than the width, assuming linear polarization) because it is so hard to keep their mutual impedance at 'zero'. Their input impedances will also change, if only a bit.

Also, the array spacing might need to be adjusted from calculated values to get the thing to work like you want. Simulate, simulate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back