Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recording continuous digital data

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiL0

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently trying to collect lots of digital data from my ADC. I need the data to conduct a histogram test. As I need to collect total data (continuous) in the region of 100,000, it is not possible to collect the data manually. Would like to ask if anyone have done it before and how did you all do it and with what equipment?

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

You will need to use a data logger.

You can buy them of-the-shelf ( https://www.picotech.com/data.html, ....) or you can use PC with Data Acquisition Card, for example from National Instruments, and write or find application software for this card.

I'm currently trying to collect lots of digital data from my ADC
Can you tell us what you already have?

You want to build a logging device or buy one?

If you want to build one connect ADC to a memory module so you can play back later. You also can have a Logic Analyzer, connect to oscilloscope and record the samples with a lot of precision.

Status
Not open for further replies.