Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Recommended Schematic Symbol for Chip Resistor with Centre Stripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan27807

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a proper schematic symbol for a smd ship resistor with central stripe (an extra pad on the centre for connection to copper in pcb as heatsink). I created an Altium schematic symbol for it but some of you may have a better idea how the schematic symbol should be. Please see image "Schematic symbol.jpg" for the schematic symbol I created.

I have also attached a datasheet image of what a smd with cs package looks like, please refer "Chip resistor with CS.jpg".

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Schematic Symbol.JPG
    Schematic Symbol.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 106
  • Chip Resistor with CS.JPG
    Chip Resistor with CS.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 137

If there is no electrical connectivity to the centre then why bother? just have it the same.

If you make something up then your just going to confuse people until they know what it is.

The symbol you show looks to much like a variable resistor, move the third pad away from resistor...
IPC-2612 and IPC-2612-1 are a good reference.

Hi Mattylad,

Your point makes sense. CS pad does not really have electrical connection, its just there for heat sinking purposes. Thanks!

Hi Marce,

I will check that doc. Thanks a lot for pointing me to an ipc reference.

You may have to tie the heat sinking pad to GND for EMC purposes... have u a link to the data sheet for the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back