Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quickroute/Electronic Design Studio 3.24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris56000

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Has anyone ever had any luck with or worked with this now defunct package and are its files readable in anything else?

Whilst I was working at my Employer's Hitchin Branch I assisted in the design of a project using EDS 3.24 and there were two infuriating things about this software:-

1) The vendor deliberately made the design files not backwards-compatible, e.g., you couldn't open an EDS 3.24 design with 3.23 or earlier;

2) The Software had an infuriating habit of losing its activation-key if the PC ran into a STOP error or other major crash - and the vendor refused a replacement pair of keys unless you paid again and their Technical Support refused to tell me if there was any way its activation key could be backed-up!

I'm afraid its not surprising they went bust over five years ago!

Incidentally this is the only EDA package that never got "key-genned" or "cribbed" in some form or other - was this because of its low user base I wonder? I remember RS's rep telling me they withdrew it from their catalogue because of the many Technical Complaints about lost activation-keys shortly before EDS went bust!

Comments, anyone?

Chris Williams

I always thought Quickroute was a hobbyist tool. Well looks like they lost to Powerpcb PADS!):

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back