Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding Gain & Radiation Efficiency?

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Good day. I have a question about gain and radiation efficiency in the interest of frequency region. According to S11, my interest in frequency bands ranges from 3.24 GHz to 8.74 GHz. However, if you look at the gain vs frequency graph, it drops after 3.24 GHz and then rises. The same thing happened in the radiation efficiency graph.

I'm not sure why this is happening; do you have any ideas about the graph's behavior?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• S11.PNG
    S11.PNG
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Gain.PNG
    Gain.PNG
    100.7 KB · Views: 43
  • radiation efficiency.PNG
    radiation efficiency.PNG
    94.8 KB · Views: 53
The reason could be that there is something (structure, resonator, etc.) which is coupled to the antenna.
If you post a picture of the antenna may give more information.

The reason could be that there is something (structure, resonator, etc.) which is coupled to the antenna.
If you post a picture of the antenna may give more information.
Here is the picture of the antenna. It's a Vivaldi antenna; the backside is a microstrip feedline. Also, please explain more details if possible.
1695028264897.png

I got a similar structure and I was able to replicate the notch in the characteristic.
Seems that the notch is affected by the feed microstrip transmission line. Using a radial stub at the end of the feed line, may mitigate the notch frequency outside of the band of interest.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back