Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question of Elliptic-function filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

YCChiou

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone:

When I designed the elliptic-like filter, I would sometimes meet higher sidelobe problem. The higher sidelobe usually occurs at the higher band close to upper zero. Even I generate an additional zero in the stopband, it's still not easy to be suppressed. Please see the attached file and kindly give your comments.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• elliptic filter results.pdf
    95.2 KB · Views: 96

You don't get something for nothing. The more you pull in the zero toward the passband the more flyback you are going to get.

You can always cascade with a non-eliptical low pass or bandpass filter.

Did you design it as an asymmetric filter? I would expect a symmetric frequency characteristic for the basic elliptical filter.

From what you mention, to me looks like somewhere is a parasitic resonance.

What kind of topology is your filter? If it is cross coupled, it seems to me you have too strong cross coupling, and you can reduce the cross coupling which will move the zero up. Without knowing your exact design, it is difficult to give you a good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back