Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fontas

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am going to create a CAN network with pic18f4585 and some temperature sensors.I am going to use to kind of sensors ( 5V and 3.3V ) ..
The microcontroller supports 5voltage

Am I going to face a problem , with different voltages ??

Moreover , in order to represent the results is it possible with C++ or should I use a software ? Any idea about which software ?

Regards

please need some notes
what the type of the sensor?is it a thermocouple
and what is the output voltage for a certain 1 celezious degree?]
and is it linear or not?

you will need a signal conditioning circuit and a software (you may need a table if the sensor is not linear)

thanks

fontas said:
I am going to create a CAN network with pic18f4585 and some temperature sensors.I am going to use to kind [two kinds?] of sensors ( 5V and 3.3V ) ..

fontas said:
It is the TC72 microchip sensor

h**p://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21743a.pdf

OK, that's one kind. It works on +5V lust like your PIC. You shouldn't have a problem with it (just don't forget the pull-up resistors on the I2C bus). What's the second kind or sensor?

The other kind is the same sensor exactly , but with the difference that it works on 3.3Voltage !!!
Am I going to face problems due to difference voltage between the pic and the sensor ??
Moreover I am going to use to SPI interface not I2C .Should I use buffer to my code ??

thanks a lot for the interest

I am going to create a CAN network with pic18f4585 and some temperature sensors.I am going to use to kind of sensors ( 5V and 3.3V ) ..
The microcontroller supports 5voltage

Am I going to face a problem , with different voltages ??

Moreover , in order to represent the results is it possible with C++ or should I use a software ? Any idea about which software ?

Regards

@fontas

SIR are you done with the project, if so can you help me with the same.

The analog signals comming from the sensors should not be a problem for the ADC of the micro, but might require adaptation to the optimum analog voltage range. The logic I/O-signals you might need a level shifting. For the interfacing of the microcontroller to the industrial environment, you might find useful hints here: iC-Haus Homepage - Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.