Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L293D Motor Runs at low Voltage

yovenim

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need a small help regarding L293D.

I am making a small project using L293D. Bo motor which hardly consumes 60ma at 5v.
i am powering my L293D using a step up circuit 3.7V to 5V from 3.7v li-ion battery.

output current from step up circuit is 200ma which is not a issue.
my problem is the motor voltage pin no 8 shows me 5.12v. when i drive my motor the voltage accross shows me only 3.00v... due to which the motor drives very slow.

can anybody please help why this happen....

The output drivers for the L293 are Darlington stages which have a significant voltage drop (below):
To get near to 5V output, you need to a device that uses MOSFETs, such as the TB6612FNG.

1694204864921.png

The step-up converter is stepping up the voltage. But the current is being lower. L293D is not getting enough input current. Try to power it up with batteries directly.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: