Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSFB Peak and Valley Switching

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am testing a PSFB controlled using UCC28950.

I want to know whether the delay between the Top and Bottom Switches of same leg are correct . I am attaching the waveforms

Attachments

• Drain_Source_voltage.pdf
    315.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Drain_Source_voltage.pdf
    313.6 KB · Views: 72
~600 ns dead time must always be > FET turn off time when hot
1703721661076.png

so lots of margin at room temp I think.

Clean up your trace noise with proper probing, and very short gnds
PWM below
1703721314547.png

Last edited:
I am getting a spike in input current. Is this correct or there is some timing mismatch in delays. Also what is cause for the notches in the transformer voltages. The schematic is attached showing current measurement point and the devices chosen for measurement.

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC_LAYOUT_PSFB.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 63
  • Waveform_.png
    Waveform_.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 47
I am attaching my Primary Side device and QA and Secondary Device QF (synchronous) gating signals. Should The QF be on more than QA or is this sufficiently

Attachments

• tek00085_GateWaveforms_Prototype.png
    tek00085_GateWaveforms_Prototype.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 43
Both as long as F-A is always greater than zero at max junction temp to avoid shoot-thru since delays/risetime increase with T.
So there must be safety margin and that means a RD snubber may be needed if you want to clamp V=LdI/dt, yet only at 100% PWM, since this is a tri-level driver. ( or ought to be)

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: