Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Simulation of 2-Phase DC DC Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogbachi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All,

I am working on 2-Phase DC-DC Converter simulation using iSiS 7.8 Proteus Software. The gate driver is unable to drive the circuit. Please assist me to look at the attached simulation to spot where i am getting it wrong.

This is my first time of using this software for circuit simulation....please look at it as a design for beginner.

Many thanks.

Pls Note- the design specifications are as follows:

Input voltage ....35-48V
Output voltage....96v
Output current......100A
5% inductor current ripple
5% output voltage ripple

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Unsuitable driver IC, or at least wrong connection. This is no bootstrap driver configuration. Why not use a standard dual driver like TC427?

Notice that IRFB4710 datasheet has it's dynamic measurements based on a 4.5 ohm gate resistor. How did you arrive with 1K?

Unsuitable driver IC, or at least wrong connection. This is no bootstrap driver configuration. Why not use a standard dual driver like TC427?

Notice that IRFB4710 datasheet has it's dynamic measurements based on a 4.5 ohm gate resistor. How did you arrive with 1K?

FvM,

Many thanks on your quick reply. I will use TC427 to see if it will drive the switches.

For the 1k, the resistor value was not stated on the data sheet, i selected 1k to start with, Is there formular to calculate for this? What of the capacitance value selected, is 1uF ok?

Please can you identify where my connection was wrong as this was my first touch in Proteus Simulation Software.

My switching frequency selected is 50kHz

Is the coupled inductor ok?

Thanks.

Last edited:

There's no bootstrap capacitor used with TC427. Supply bypass capacitors should be used, but don't matter in a simulation.

I suggest to evaluate the gate resistor effect in your simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.