Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have obviously done routing with default setup.
Autorouter needs always at least some kind of setup, it's not that AUTO :D
You can save Potyos setup in Tools -> Auto... -> Save as... to so called .ctl file
and use it on your own board by loading it in the same menu.

Gandalf_Sr said:
I tested mine. I put in a 10k pot between on the DPOT connection in your diagram and turned it end to end. My Vpp ranged from 10.2 to 14.8 V and my L is 150uH
Thanks, are just as the original one.:D

togarha said:
folk,

Yes, the pic automatically adjusts DPOT according to the value at RA3...

ender84567 said:
@potyo, how do you get such a nice looking board out of eagle? i used your schematic, made some changes, added an extra pin header, and i used the autoroute (using almost an identical placing) and i got something very ugly looking, how is yours so awesome?
My board is manually routed. It was a 2-3 night job.

potyo said:
My board is manually routed. It was a 2-3 night job.

OK, then the trick I previously mentioned doesn't work here.
But it still good to know this because it's quick way to test different
routing parameters.

thank you for that, it does seem routing (especially manual) is more art than science, i have so more questions about it but i dont want to derail the fourm, i'll probably post them elsewhere, the Quick-Circuit is milling my new board (ended up with 2 layer) and i'll hopefully be soldering this evening.

Has anyone had any problems with the 74 family logic, specifically with mixing ls with HC and HCT? it looks like from the schematic that i could use whatever, but i suppose the older cmos is slower and could cause timing errors.

ender84567 said:
Has anyone had any problems with the 74 family logic, specifically with mixing ls with HC and HCT? it looks like from the schematic that i could use whatever, but i suppose the older cmos is slower and could cause timing errors.
The older cmos chips are also enough fast for icd2.

Hi!!

Potyo:
Think this can work? , because I do not have HCT
Sorry for my short english
2wod6cz.jpg

potyo said:
It should work.

Thanks Potyo very much!!!!!

One question more, for 3.3v devices, external supply (3.3v) is conected to icd2 on ISP-VDD?

regards

Hi everybody
Can someone send me PCB files for potyo 1 and 2. single and double side PCV on email ilidarko@yahoo.com.I cant download from forum.I dont have enough points.Please
Darko

anyone have any ideas for using max4614 to replace 74hc4066?

This is a great thread, I have been following it for the last few weeks and have built a few clones. Because of the hard work of everyone, I would like to offer the folowing steps to a potential builder to hopefully avoid pitfalls:
1) build hardware as described earlier:most will work fine
2)burn 4550 and 877(A) firmware
3)usb will enumerate at this point
4)start mplab,select programmer as ICD2. Do not try to connect at this time!
5)after selecting ICD2 as programmer,"download operating system" selection will become available.Select it.This will download os to 877(A) chip
6)Now you may hit the connect button,which will download a chip specific os as necessary.

I noticed the conspicuous absence of Kicad schematics and artwork for this topic.
I strongly recommend Kicad (its great ,its free). I am including files-all tested.
Thank to all.

Attachment deleted, please check next post.
Cl

This is a corrected Kicad file (includes ground planes). This board can be made single sides w/ jumpers (one jumper to connect plane). Sorry for the earlier attachment. Thanks again to all.

Are you sure it works? I found a piece of groundplane in the middle of the top half, right below R48, that isn't connected to the rest of the plane. I think it grounds two cap's through pin 4 of the MCP41010.

cyrillic said:
Are you sure it works? I found a piece of groundplane in the middle of the top half, right below R48, that isn't connected to the rest of the plane. I think it grounds two cap's through pin 4 of the MCP41010.

Yep. Thats the "one jumper to connect plane" that was mentioned earlier. This one works fine so far. I have noticed that the Vpp voltage wants to stay right around 12.00 V, with mplab 7.5. I'm glad you're using Kicad.

i have a made a programmer ,but when i connect with a board ,some warning have happen :

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x71, read=0x1FF)
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Reading...
ICDWarn0038: When using auto-calculate write range, reads cover the entire memory range. Do you wish to continue?
...EEPROM
...Program Memory (0x0 - 0x1FFF)
.. Config Memory
...User ID Memory
...Read Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

if i take away the object board it was the same warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back