Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've successfully built a slightly modified Potyo2 version and I've noticed the following issues:

1.- Using 33pF caps for crystal prevented the circuit from being recognized by the PC. Changing them to a lower value (22pF) solved the problem.
2.- Looking at the datasheet for BC237, I think that Q4 pins should be swapped.
3.- USB led does NOT light up when connected to RC1. I don't know the exact function of this led but if it is for USB enumeration, then I think it should be connected to RC2 (I have not taken a look at the hex file but when the device is connected to the PC there is a logical 1 on RC2 and a logical 0 on RC1.

Cheers!

potyo said:
xiaokang1027 said:
Thank you M3Michi and Potyo,I have down the zip file from potyo "Potyo1-2006.12.07.zip" and "Potyo2-2006.12.07.zip.zip" ,but i find the RC1 on sch file in Potyo1 and Potyo2 are the same .where is the wrong?
No, it is the fixed. On the old version, the led was connected to RC2.
I had a look at the code myself and also quoting from one of your previous post...

potyo said:
szlovak said:
Does anybode had tested if USB led should be connected to RC1 or RC2 ?
After analyzing the code, it seems, it should be connected to RC1. In the code there are no "bcf latc,2" instruction, only "bsf latc,2". There are "bcf latc,1", "bsf latc,1" and "btfss latc,1" instructions.
Is there a USB led? I found that code too, but I'd like to point out that btfss on the port pin with the led? Why? What is it testing that pin for if it's for USB status? It doesn't make sense. Also the 4550 version of the ICD2 doesn't have a USB led, right?
Before sending my PCB to be made, I want to make sure my circuit is ok (and final).

Daemons

Hi, can some one tell me, what is right value for crystal oscillator of PIC18F4550, 20 or 24 MHz ? Some designs use 24MHz, other 20 MHz.

Below is a my ICD-2 clone, with USB & RS232 interface. Work well, but for me is very slowly in compare with CCS ICD-U40.

to kaamos:
2. it realy doesn't matter. when you reverse a transistor, it's current amplification drops, but it's voltage drop is lower, which is good in switching aplications as it is here.

to pirev:
on this thread, it's all 20MHz oscilators. PICS used in his firs design 24, but switched later on 20MHz.

Hi, I want make ICD2. Your project is very nice, idea to replace CY7C64613 by pic18f4550 is great.
But where can I find scheme? thanks

SiamMcu said:
pirev
Have Firmware?
With 18F4550 I'm use h**p://potyo.uw.hu/icd2/18f4550.hex,
for 16F877 use BL010101.hex from MPLAB IDE\ICD2 folder and for 16F877A I don't have.

Why do you ask these questions? Read the topic from the beginning, and you will find asnswers. It is too hard?

Hi to all.
I am making a SMT version similar to the original version and the Potyo2 with compatibility for DSPIC. Before long I will put it in this forum.

By the way Potyo, swiches seems to me unnecessary (74hc4066), I believe that you designed it thus, enabling to at the same time connect the icd2(Hi Z) and your project.
In addition, seems to me unnecessary double buffers (74hc12x), is certain that they do not alter the operation, but increases the number of connections.
Clearing this, your design is very interesting.

Again thanks to all the involved in this project. :D

sorry for my bad english :cry:

Hi!

I'm going to make potyo ICD2, but the 1% resistors do not have standard values (or in the shop tell me that there aren't). What are the real values of 1% values (6k8, 4k7 and 2k2), or I can put 5% values???

Thanks in advance

regards,

togarha said:
Hi!

I'm going to make potyo ICD2, but the 1% resistors do not have standard values (or in the shop tell me that there aren't). What are the real values of 1% values (6k8, 4k7 and 2k2), or I can put 5% values???
The real values are 6k80, 4k70, 2k20. Those are standard 1% Values. :!: They are stock at various online distributers, namely Digikey. https://www.digikey.com/
5% resistors wont do, as it wont acuratly report VPP, Target VDD and MCLR.

And anyone who tells you those are not standard values doesn't know what they're talking about. :roll:

Daemons

Actualy, you CAN use 5% resistors, but, manualy mesure them to get as close as possible to desred values, within 1%.

Some local stores tend to acquire only tohose values for 1% resistors that are not in E12 in which are 5% carbon resistors produced.

esteca55 said:
Hello, priemro that walks, pardon by my English, I am of Argentinean, and queria to show to them what walks on sale by these places:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...-icd-2-por-usb-compatible-con-mplab-nuevo-_JM

h**p://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-24410479-programador-de-pic-icd-2-por-usb-compatible-con-mplab-nuevo-_JM

It seems one copies faithful of which an developed you.

Al gargen de esto los felicito por el exelente trabajo

Greetings

Ese es una copia del proyecto de PICs, lo puedes encontrar en este link:
http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Image:Icd2_Usb.jpg

Mejor escribe todo en español por que no se te entiende nada (spanglish).
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone know where I can find ICD2 rev C by PICs ?
Thanks a lot !

Rev.C is double sided board with minor modification :
added pot for adjust Vpp(9v..14v)
added rezistor for mclr PIC18F4550
and change capacitor for oscilator with 12pF(C6,C7)

Thanks PiCs !
I really apreciate if you can send me this files because I dont know how to use Gerver to modify the schematic.

I used two capacitors on revB, 0.1 µF SMD, between Vcc and Vss of each PIC.
Because I get errors when I connected to the USB port. Like: "Unknown Device" so I have to disconected and connected again.

Did you used it in this version ?

Are there any working surface mount versions out there? I have scoured this forum, but have only found andy 123's and am not sure if it works. thanks

esteca55 said:
Hello, priemro that walks, pardon by my English, I am of Argentinean, and queria to show to them what walks on sale by these places:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...-icd-2-por-usb-compatible-con-mplab-nuevo-_JM

h**p://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-24410479-programador-de-pic-icd-2-por-usb-compatible-con-mplab-nuevo-_JM

It seems one copies faithful of which an developed you.

Al gargen de esto los felicito por el exelente trabajo

Greetings

Porque te molesta eso?

Thanks everyone for this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back