Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
fms,
Virtual com port created by FTDI driver does not have FIFO settings!

As far as I know, current FTDI driver does not work with ICD2 clone for some reason, you have to find old rev 2154 driver.

Schematic DG411

**broken link removed**
It's a 4x switchs controled on a chip

BC547 and BC557 replace that very well (function blocked/saturated)

Resistors 10k + 2k2 on MCLR, i don't think problem for reset PIC but a resistor 10k is enough
Normally, there should be a circuit RC

Ok, thanks to all it's very helpfull.

The pics didn't need the same vpp, and i don't understand how it's modulated in your schematics?

here is some pics of my rs232 icd2, and of mi config, i have 3 com port, i use the com 5 now, but i tried with all of them. This is my PCD ver of the slotz icd2. Do you think there is some wrong?

The configuration of my port:
90_1157911228.gif

There is my PCB assembled (compnents side)
11_1157911440.gif

there is solder side:
47_1157911572.gif

and finally, there is my 40 to 28 adapter:
51_1157911715.gif
61_1157913871.gif

Hi Friends:

It´s me again, with my problems. :D
So, I used 4 100nF capacitors in parallel with the 2 processors power in PiCS design and it is very stable now. I can load the OS without problems.
Code:
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0059: About to re-program ICD2 USB Boot firmware code. Please do NOT disconnect the ICD2 or interrupt this operation!
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to target
Target Device PIC16F627A found, revision = Rev 0x8
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Now, two new problems.

First, all the times that I close and re-open MPLAB, I need to reload the ICD OS. With Microchip´s ICD2 this doesen´t occur. Any idea?

Second, I didn´t program my target. When I try, I see:
Code:
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
ICD0031: API:  Framing error
ICD0275:  Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

I can read, verify erased, etc... but I can´t program:
Code:
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Reading...
ICDWarn0038:  When using auto-calculate write range, reads cover the entire memory range. Do you wish to continue?
...EEPROM
...Program Memory (0x0 - 0x3FF)
.. Config Memory
...User ID Memory
...Read Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Reading...
...EEPROM
...Read Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Verifying...
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
...Verify Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Verifying...
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
...Verify Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

So, does anyone get this error and have any idea of what is it?

Thanks a lot
Cheers
Rodolfo

gameoso
I found while ago with serial version MPLAB does not like any missing COM port numbers, so if you change COM5 to COM2 then it will work.
You have to do it in "advanced" com port properties.

hi gameoso

first ensure the MAX232 is working , this is by shorting the RC5 and RC7 in the PIC and connect with hyper terminal on the ComX which tou have connected the ICD at baudrate 9600, Databits 8, Parity None, Stopbits 1, Flow Control None, and type some character on the Hyper terminal Screen if the Typed char echoed on the screen your ComX is the port you should use for Communications , if it dosent echo then try the next COM2,3 ..port,

Added after 1 minutes:

while testing this please ensure to remove your PIC form the Base

Hi!

potyo:

Then, I think I understand X5, but i want to ensure myself... X5 may be connected to Vpp side (left side) when you want to use ICD2 as debugger, and to the cmos_en side (right side) when you want to use it as programmer only. But my question is, only must to be placed in cmos_en side when you want to use it as programmer but if the connector is always placed, if you want to program and disconnect the programmer when the devide is programmed, then it can be placed in Vpp side, isn't it? The jumper is a mode to can monitor user pin outputs (PGC & PGD) with the icd2 connected to RJ12, is it?

Another thing, what about to filter usb_vdd to vdd with an inductor?? It is recomended? if it is, what kind of inductor is preferred, 100uH choke?

Pin 1 of J3 (rj12 connector) is no connected pin, is not connected pin in icd2?? If it isn't where is it connected?? It's only to have the most accurate icd2 clone for future updates of icd2...

Which is the maximum current over any part of circuit?? There is any necessary 1/2W resistor or something like that??

I have never seen the oscillator's configurations, it is stable with all 2 pics?? I suppose it is, but it's only a curiosity...

And, what about L1, it's 50uH, but it isn't standard value for inductor. I try to find any inductor with 50uH for 100Khz and I find nothing. Have you put this value or have you put standard value of 47uH ??? It doesn't matter which kind of inductor must be?? How many current can pass through the inductor??

I think it is all for now...

Regards,

togarha

thx again for the attentions....
i can´t find the hyperterminal, i use a personalized windows installation (by and for myself) and haven´t somethings, like comunications tools... i will try with a ordinary Windows XP version. After i done it, i will tell you what happened.

Hi!

You don't need another PC, here you have hyperterminal application...

regards

togarha

Is it possible to get the ICD drivers installed without the 877 uC? As I have problem getting windows to prompt me to install the driver as I plug in the ICD. I've checked Vusb there is 3.3v, Led_usb light up(port c2) therefore 4550 should be running but windows doesn't prompt to install driver but mention device unrecognized. I am using MPLAB 7.40 any advice?

thx for the hyperterminal, but it give me the error: Hypertmr.ddl is no found. Reinstall the aplication. But don´t worry, i have installed the normal Windows, in the hyperterminal, the max232 works fine, even i used it for my tiny PIC bootloader interfase, so im sure that it works fine, but anyway i test it as you told me and echoes right. in my diagram i use a 5.6v Zener + a regular diode (1n4148) for manage the reset pin, maybe it would be the problem, but don´t know exactly if thats the problem. i will try on win98se, and the i tell what hapeens...

nothing, i tried on win98se, on winXP and nothing, the mas232 works fine, but when i use mplab, it says me error about windows api, cannot complete operation, and never works.... what can be?

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA days and more days without any good result... i said since a lot of time the A matters... i buy some new pics 877 and 876 and nothing, but today i bought some A types--- and both ICD2s work fine!!! the rs232 and USB vers works inmediatly... Now the problem that i have is the Vdd, i haven´t Vdd at ICSP conector of the ICD2, so it can work, always says me the no Vdd sensed warning:

Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
...Connected
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x89, read=0x0)
Running ICD Self Test
... Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Downloading Operating System
...Connected
Running ICD Self Test
...Download Operating System Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

all this is because it doesn´t senses Vdd, what could be?

hi gameso

can you attach the test results for icd Settings window which test passed and which test failed , and also the voltage readings in the ICD settings,

you can test your icd by using a external prower supply for the target and specify in ICD Setup wizard that the the "Taget using External power Supply" and check the ICD

Hi!!

potyo (or anyone that can answer my questions):

-One thing about changing transistors by dg411. If I change it, then I don't need to use 74ls07, isn't it? Only I connect pic outputs to enable of dg411 and it is ok, I don't need buffer. And for isp-vdd it is the same, I can put ra4 directly to the base of bc327 (through a resistor 1k2...4k7), isn't it? Can I use the dg411 to output isp-vdd? I don't think I can, because I think that isp-vdd can need more current than dg411 can support, is it correct??

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

togarha

is Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2 ready and working if it does i ll start working on it
plz give me the sch-pic-pcb of it

Hi again, i still haing problems with my usb ICD2 :(... here is some pics and info about.
As a programer :

Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x83, read=0x0)
Running ICD Self Test
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
36_1158358977.GIF

16_1158359044.GIF

As a Debugger:

...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
Running ICD Self Test
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
94_1158359063.GIF

0_1158359107.GIF

And there is a pic o versions tab:
5_1158359167.GIF

Added after 2 minutes:

it exactly the same reads checking and unchecking the target Vdd source. What could be??:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Hi gameso. You made communication between PC and ICD2 and that is huge step forward. 877A is mesuring Vdd, Vcc and Vpp voltages with internal A/D converter on pins RA0, RA1 and RA3. You should check everything that is connected with this pins, but first of all you should check voltages on your board and voltages on these pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back