Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming AVR ATMEGA16 from 8051 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansaab21

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have got a serial programmer for 8051 and it works fine. I have worked with it atleast a couple of thousand times and it has never ever malfunctioned.

My present project involves AVR ATMEGA 16. Both chips are from ATMEL and have the same programming pins exactly at same spot. My question is "can ATMEGA 16 be programmed from that 8051 programmer, and if yes than which programming software to use for it as the current programming software being used by me doesnt support AVR chips??"

P.S. My current programming software is EZ-Downloader V4.0

8051 programmer has a inbuilt controller which has bootloader to recognise the signature of the controller that is placed in the programmer to be programmed. So the programmer does not recognize any other controller if it is not programmed. EZ downloader software is uploader i suppose. it will not detect any controller other than AT89c51,52 etc for which they are programmed.

yes ezdownloader 4 supports only three chips 89c51/52/55 few years back i had similar thought but searching web i came to this point now you can try
see PonyProg - Serial device programmer for avr programmer very easy to build

Status
Not open for further replies.