Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with Slot Antenna and Power Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

impedance

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am new to this forum and am looking for some ideas on a problem I have.

I am from a bit different field. I am designing a EM-heating application for a study project. I want to use a slotted waveguide antenna for the power output.

Frequency is about 2.46Ghz , 1000W output power.

I am quite sure I have the waveguide dimensions and magnetron connection right.

But the antenna part with the slits causes problems. The antenna can be about 300mm long and is terminated with a short-plane.

I have tested multiple configurations and will share my experience but do not want to influence ideas from the beginning.

So from your point of view, what would be the ideal design for the slits to get out all the power on this short distance. Number of slots/dimension/distasnce/direction/pattern...
What are the important dimensions for the power output? Signal quality etc. is not so important for me I guess.

Hi there impedance,

you'll want your slots to be roughly have a wavelength and you'll want the distance seperating adjacent slots to be roughly have a guide wavelength. To get a good match, and thus minimize the power reflected back to the source, you will need to appropriately offset the slots. Since the distance between the adjacent slots will be about a half guide wavelength, your offset direction should alternate at each consecutive slot. HFSS is a good tool to design your slotted waveguide antenna.

good luck with your design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back