Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design input and output matching ckt of PA for getting desired o/p Power and PAE

narayani

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a load pull analysis values of Power Amplifier at Ka- Band 27 GHz for Maximum Power. Using Load Pull Analysis values of Zin (2.485- j11.369) and Zload (19.323+j59.271), I have designed the input and output matching circuits and tried to get values of S12 and S21 equals 0 and S11 and S22 below -15 dB using ADS tool. But I couldn't get values S21 and S12 equals 0 (zero) and S11 and S22 below -15 dB. Once I get these values, I want to get desired output power closer to 30.201 and PAE 53.467.
I have attched relavant screen shots. Somebody can help me to get desired values of Output Power and PAE.

Attachments

• Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Tuned_Input_Matching_Values_.jpg
    Tuned_Input_Matching_Values_.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Output_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    Output_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Tuned_Output_Matching_Values_.jpg
    Tuned_Output_Matching_Values_.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Main_Schematic.jpg
    Main_Schematic.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Main_Schematic_Output.jpg
    Main_Schematic_Output.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 53
  • Ka_Band_Load_Pull_Analysis_Results.png
    Ka_Band_Load_Pull_Analysis_Results.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 54
Are you sure that you have optimized well Those Matching Circuit ? If you have done very well return Losses should be good.
In first schematic, Sii has to be good, in second schematic Sjj has to be very good at 1 Single Frequency.
Those Matching Circuits are not for Broadband Matching and you probably miss a frequency while simulating. As you can see, the sliders show extreme values so there are some Optimization Errors.
How could you insert Tapered Transmission Lines ?? What is your point ?? How did you calculate those tapered lines in according to what ?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back