Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with running a 4k hex file on pic16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllongboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good day to all.....
....i'm working right now with pic16f877 and as we all know it has an 8k storage.
i got a problem here because i have a hex file which has a size of 4k then i programmed it to my pic but sad to say the output of my program doesnt seem to have an exact output, i mean the output doesnt reaches to 4k, i think only half of the program run. i have a running message which displays text A to Z then 1-2 and some of the special characters but then when i run my circuit only A-Z then 1-3 are being displayed... the rest didnt display. does it have something to do with Page select?
.. pls.. could anyone help me....

Re: help on pic16f877

i think the solution is replace the pic because the storge fild in your pic is damaged

Re: help on pic16f877

hi yllongboy,

i think u r using assembly language for ur application.

Ur code has 4k length.so it is arranged in the 2 pages of 877.

so the page selection is critical. Please try pagesel directive(mplab) before call and goto instructions

Thanks and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.