Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with microblaze PLB FIFOs, one value in two is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostbill

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I have problems with my FIFOs, I don't know if it is my design or the way I am handling the FIFO.

I am getting two values written to my FIFO, when the FIFO notifies me that I have data, I read only the second value. Then the status register does not even tell me that there is a first value. It is like it's gone.

The way I am doing it is this (I did not do it with interrupts because this is not working yet).

while(MY_I2S_mReadReg(baseaddr, MY_I2S_RDFIFO_SR_OFFSET) & RDFIFO_EMPTY_MASK);
sin_val_l = MY_I2S_mReadFromFIFO(baseaddr, 0);
while(MY_I2S_mReadReg(baseaddr, MY_I2S_RDFIFO_SR_OFFSET) & RDFIFO_EMPTY_MASK);
sin_val_r = MY_I2S_mReadFromFIFO(baseaddr, 0);

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I did make the write request to the FIFO and the write ack from the FIFO outputs in my PCB and I can see that the FIFO is responding as it should.

Thanks,
Bill.

I found somewhere that there are other developers that had problems with that. The problem seems to be the write acknowledge signal from the FIFO.
So, I don't use it and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back