Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect Microblaze to AXI4-Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

trungnd33

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm working on a project where I have an IP that needs configurations through APB. From IP integrator, I found AXI to APB IP (AXI4-lite), how can I connect this to Microblaze?

I'm using Vivado 2018.3 and target device is ZCU102.

You can use the AXI4 interface of the uBlaze. This i/f can be connected to the AXI side of the AXI2APB bus-bridge. Then the APB side of the bus-bridge can be used to connect to your end IP with APB interface.
You AXI transactions from the uBlaze will then be translated to APB transactions.

You can use the AXI4 interface of the uBlaze. This i/f can be connected to the AXI side of the AXI2APB bus-bridge. Then the APB side of the bus-bridge can be used to connect to your end IP with APB interface.
You AXI transactions from the uBlaze will then be translated to APB transactions.
I’ve tried that. But the axi2apb IP use axi4-lite. When I did so, I couldn’t assign address.

If the AXI interface at the uBlaze side is AXI4 full, it is no problem in connecting and accessing the AXI4-Lite side of the axi2apb IP. The bridge should do it work in converting the signals to APB.

When I did so, I couldn’t assign address.
maybe you are doing something wrong!
My question to you : How exactly are you creating the APB bus transaction for your last mile IP core?

Tip: You must functionally verify your design through simulation before attempting to use it on hardware. These converted bus transactions can be very tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back