Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power line communication - i need ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic x10

do you have any schematics for the power line modem so we can do make one by ourseft, test it and comment it?

i have one for 16f84 but there is one inconvenient, it uses a special trafo that is difficul to get in my area and thats whay im looking for one with no especial component:

http://techref.massmind.org/images/uk/co/cix/www/http/~pplunkett/x10.htm

powerline communications in the philippines

Sirs.

At the start of this, the question was PLC but the answers confused me. Some people talk abt X10 or similar interfaces. This is an old tech still in use but not very good for 220ACV lines although it can work. This tech is intended for home automation and is works at very low rates, it is not a good idea to think in using it for a PC network.

Today there are new techs. that claim to be much better than X10, suggest visit

www.yitran.com and also look for UPB ( Universal Poweer Bus ).

For high data rates as needed for a home PC network you must consider other techs as those mentioned in the forum.

I´m interested in low rate data rates for home aut.

Regards

ic powerline comunication schematic circuit

hello
i had been very busy, and so didnot have time to visit the forum.here i present a circuit that is capable of sending data over mains using LM1893.if time permits i will also post another design using some other Ic's.if anyone has problems in understanding it plz fell free to ask.
i tried lots to make an an att. but was unable, there is some problem i suppose. Anyway whoever needs it just mail me at : snabilat@yahoo.com
and give a subject : schematic for mains

schematic tda 5051

the schematic

philips power line communication ic

are there any other alternatives to using the microprocessors

Status
Not open for further replies.