Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help in microprocessor programmin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babatundeawe

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls i am a beginner in microprocessor programming, though i have the basic knowledge of it. i use mikrobasic in my practice but i still find out that i can write programs for some of circuits. but what i discover is i dont know how my program will flow. a friend told me that i should learn algorithm or flowcharting. but i cant seems to get a book on that can u be of help pls. thanks in anticpation

Go through the mikroelektronika site itself. There is an online free book that should help you get started.
Regards

First of all, you have to select CPU family, i.e., 8051, PIC, AVR and ARM, then study its architecture instruction.

sci-3d said:
First of all, you have to select CPU family, i.e., 8051, PIC, AVR and ARM, then study its architecture instruction.

pls can u suggest an ebook that could go into indepth in programming aside from the mikrobasic that i am using. pls if u have one you can upload to my mail box
talktoabm@yahoo.co.uk or babatundeawe@gmail.com. pls dont froget to put the help me button again so that i can click for u. thanks

First, You should choose MC, AVR, PIC etc... PIC is so easy to program. I use assembly to program PICs. Only 35instructions to learn and you can compile great codes. All examples are available at microchip website

Regards

As some one has rightly pointed out first select a microcontroller to start with.
Then start programming in the assebly language programming.

If For Eg you chose 8051 series(originally from intel) you can get lot of freeware assemblers to convert your assembly language program into the hex code that can be burned into the microcontroller. DS5000 (an 8051 series member)from Dallas Semicondctors(now Maxim) has got a serial downlaoding feature through its UART port which is very helpful for a novice to start programming with out any expensive programmer, just with help of a PC and RS232 converter all can be made on a bread board.

Once after you get familiar with the assembly language programming, C language is the best option for embedded programming. You can get many C ompliers for the same microcontroller series.

If you need any more details, dont hesitate to ask.

also dont forget to hit "helped me" if it helps you :D

i think when you learn about 8051 familly you can easily learn other ones.
simple 8051 chip contain every aspect of hardware you need to know .
instruction set is prety close to modern day pentium processors.
refer the book '' 8051 embeleded systems''.i think that is indian book.easy english as well.i can also help.send me pvt email .

Status
Not open for further replies.