Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plot Common-Gate I/O Characteristic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsg900830

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capture.PNG
Hi. I'm a junior in college, and I only have a few knowledge of microelectronic circuit (have some basics, though) but I haven't tried to solve the textbook problems until now. and I just don't know how this I/O characteristic come out.. Could anyone help me to solve this problem? There isn't a analytic or quantitative solution except this figure..

There isn't a analytic or quantitative solution except this figure..

Of course they exist - in analysis programs like SPICE and its models. Run a SPICE analysis and have this characteristic plotted. What you showed above is a manually sketched copy of a such one - or has been created through a theoretical consideration.

Thanks forbthe replying and, Yes I know there is a tool for that.. But What I meant was there isn't a further explanation like how the output voltages come out at the transition points.. I feel ashamed, but I really want to know how to solve this problem.

... how the output voltages come out at the transition points.. ... I really want to know how to solve this problem.

It's not so easy to explain this in a forum session. I think you should study analog circuit design textbooks for this. Especially I'd recommend the last one, #8 . #7 is not applicable to respond to your problem, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.