Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please explain this.I am getting so confused with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

santom

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Please explain this.I am getting so confused with this..

hi,
It would really be great if anyone here takes sometime to explain me this in a detailed manner.I am really getting fed up by not able to answer it properly...

Please ..!
[/img]

Santom

Added after 11 minutes:

I will write as I how I go about the problem to tackle it out.

For the first question,first part, it is given as it is Open stub in the question.Since it is connected in parallel, it should be taken as Yopen which is nothing but the Zshort in Smith chart.At the place of f0, if the amplitude is low it is actually implying the Zopen condition(high impedance and so less amplitude).So the place corresponding to that is the other side(right) of the smith chart.So the answer for that is lamda/4.

For the second part of the first question, the impedance is high at the place of f0 which means Zshort.So the length corresponding to it in the smith chart is lamda/2.

If I am not correct in proceeding,can anyone please guide me in this...?

Santom

Re: Please explain this.I am getting so confused with this..

Yes, top graph is quarterwave. Open circuit transforms to a short circuit quarterwave away. And a short circuit placed across a 50 ohm transmission line will reflect most of the power back to the generator. Hence the Vout is a minimum at f0.

By similar reasoning, an open circuit transforms to another open circuit half wave away. So the 2nd case is a half wave long.

You were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back