Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting Parse Error while simulating Power Amplifier using ADS

pusparaga

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have created sub-circuits for input and output matching of Power Amplifier and also included Optimization. I am getting Parser Error as it is showing Parser Error at line 50. How to remove this Parser Error and how to find out line number in 50 in ADS.

Attachments

• Input_Matching.jpg
    Input_Matching.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Output_Matching.jpg
    Output_Matching.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 34
  • ERROR_Getting.jpg
    ERROR_Getting.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 36
Hi,

Have you defined your variables for optimization?
Use in menu Simulate-> Generate Netlist for seeing your Netlist.

Regards

Hi,

Have you defined your variables for optimization?
Use in menu Simulate-> Generate Netlist for seeing your Netlist.

Regards
Yes, I have generated Netlist. In the error message, it is showing error in the line number 15. I went and searched line number 15 parameters. Even I checked and changed MSTEP:Step2 N__6 N__10 Subst="MSub1" W1=0.835 mm W2=1.5 mm. But I couldn't able to remove error. I have attached netlist report, error message, schematic, symbol generated for input and output matching, input matching, and output matching.

Attachments

• Error_Message.jpg
    Error_Message.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Output_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    Output_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Symbol for_Input_Output_Matching.jpg
    Symbol for_Input_Output_Matching.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Netlist_Port.jpg
    Netlist_Port.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Netlist.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 50
Correct "Hu" value in MSUB definition.
As you mentioned, I corrected Hu and simulated. But I am not getting problem from Hu. Later I am getting example MLIN2 TL12. Once again I corrected problem of MLIN2 TL12. Next time I am not getting problem from TL12, but am getting TL11. Once I corrected TL11, next time I am getting problem from TL10. It keeps on going for TL10, TL9, TL8, TL7............
I am really confused. Just I have followed Anuragh Bhargav's Page No. 14, 18, and 20 YouTube RF -Power Amplifier Design Tutorial-17 (Attached Below). Is there any problem in input matching or output matching or main schematic. I am not really understanding. Guide me how to simulate this without any error.

Attachments

• Error_Message_2.jpg
    Error_Message_2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Anurgha_Bhargav_RF_Design_17_Tutorial.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Netlist_for_Message_2.jpg
    Netlist_for_Message_2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Netlist_ for_Message_1.jpg
    Netlist_ for_Message_1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Error_Message_1.jpg
    Error_Message_1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 47
As you mentioned, I corrected Hu and simulated. But I am not getting problem from Hu. Later I am getting problem example MLIN2 TL12. Once again I corrected problem of MLIN2 TL12. Next time I am not getting same problem from TL12, but am getting TL11. Once I corrected TL11, next time I am getting problem from TL10. It keeps on going for TL10, TL9, TL8, TL7............
I am really confused. Just I have followed Anuragh Bhargav's Page No. 14, 18, and 20 YouTube RF -Power Amplifier Design Tutorial-17 (Attached Below). Is there any problem in input matching or output matching or main schematic. I am not really understanding. Guide me how to simulate this without any error.

Your netlist PDF has some extra line breaks that confuse when searching for the "true" netlist line 45 that causes the error.
How to avoid some extra line breaks that cause error. When we go and search line 45 or 50. There are no errors at all.
How to overcome this parse error.
I have simulated once again and attached below the error messages and netlist pdf also.

Attachments

• Error_Message.jpg
    Error_Message.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Error_Message_Finding_Line_Number_50.jpg
    Error_Message_Finding_Line_Number_50.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Netlist_PDF.pdf
    249.7 KB · Views: 52
How to avoid some extra line breaks that cause error.
You totally misunderstand things!

The error is not from the line break. The line break that I mentioned is only relevant in finding the error line in your netlist. Your editor breaks long lines, so that the line number seen in your editor is not the true line where ADS reports the error.

You can choose a smaller text font in your editor, to avoid the line break. Then you will hopefully see in editor line 50 the content from ADS netlist line 50.

Parse Error is showing in line number 50. But when I went and checked showing error in the line number 50. But it seems to be ok. I couldn't find error in MTEE7.
--- Updated ---

Parse Error is showing in line number 50. But when I went and checked showing error in the line number 50. But it seems to be ok. I couldn't find error in MTEE7.
--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

Attachments

• Error_Message.png
    Error_Message.png
    33 KB · Views: 31
  • Line_Number_50_Error_Line.png
    Line_Number_50_Error_Line.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 30
  • MTEE_Line_50.png
    MTEE_Line_50.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 34
OMG, why is it so difficult to save the netlist into a simple text file and open it in the editor (or post the netlist here)? With your RTF you have messed up the contents again, with all these \par that are not included in the original netlist.

I spotted one mistake in your netlist screenshot, but that's not line 50 in your editor:

typo.png

OMG, why is it so difficult to save the netlist into a simple text file and open it in the editor (or post the netlist here)? With your RTF you have messed up the contents again, with all these \par that are not included in the original netlist.

I spotted one mistake in your netlist screenshot, but that's not line 50 in your editor:

View attachment 185951
Problem is solved.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back